Sunday 14 September 2014

Yes, another blog about music!

Welcome.  I like music.  That is probably an understatement.  My parents had music on all the time in the 70's / early 80's, my "formative years".  The Bee Gees, Springsteen.  I started my personal journey off with a little Wham! "Make It Big", a little Michael Jackson "Thriller", Madonna "Like A Virgin", Whitney Houston "Whitney".  I was all over AT 40 with Casey Kasem.  Keep Your Feet on the Ground, But Keep Reaching For the Stars.

Bon Jovi changed my life in 1986.  The trio of hits from "Slippery When Wet" - Bad Name, Prayer and Wanted spoke to me like nothing else up until that point.

And here I am in 2014 - married for 10+ years, 2 kids, 1600 CDs and a couple of hundred vinyls. Bon Jovi is still part of my fabric as are all the other artists that have entered my eardrums.  I decided finally let's take the plunge on this thing they call the interweb and put some thoughts down about music and other stuff. Hope you enjoy or find something interesting in this space.

For now, I'll leave you with what I like to call "meat and potatoes rock" (not a knock, but a compliment), courtesy of Canada's own Sam Roberts Band.





No comments:

Post a Comment